Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A day in the life of someone facing water scarcity

Bring, bring, bring. Hi my name is Kriti Kapoor, I am 16 and I live in Chennai.


 I wake up early in the morning at 5 o’clock.  It is boiling hot and extremely sunny yet again. Every morning when I wake up, I am hoping to see rain or clouds but it never comes. I am always thinking that rain will come in the morning, but no. Everyone is desperately waiting for the monsoon season here in Chennai. Sometimes no rain comes on monsoon season.  My family and I are desperate and anxious for enough water to last us a week as I have to go and buy a big bottle of water. 


Paragraph 1- waking up
I get out of bed and dip my tooth-brush into the big tank of water in the laundry to last  about two days. Then tomorrow I will have to go out and get another lot of water to last the next two days. After brushing my teeth I get a damp cloth and dab my body so I can save my water. Then, as I am cooking, I hear my neighbours shouting at one another.
“HEY THAT’S MY WATER SO DON’T TOUCH IT AND ANYWAY I PAID FOR IT YOU DIDN’T”.
I YIY YIY, I say to myself when is all this fighting and lining up for water going to stop. I obviously hope it ends soon so I can get some peace and quiet.


Paragraph 2-morning routine
Yessssss!!! Finally the water truck has come. Oooh my god,   I almost forgot about my breakfast . I make breakfast for my parents and younger siblings, Adity who is only 1, Mahika who is 3, Akriti who is 9 and Sonakshi who is almost  15. For breakfast I have made dosa, fried potato and some peanut chutney, my favourite. “YUMMY!!!!! Since my mum and dad are at work and I need to get water, my patti ( what we call our mums mum in tamil) will take care of my youngest siblings and will be waiting for me.. Ok, now I am back from collecting water for about a few days.


Paragraph   3- school and lunch


Since we don’t have to necessarily go to university, I don’t go.
I take care of my two siblings who don’t go to school at the moment as they are too little to go. (1 hour later). It is time to make lunch. I have to make a lot to last for dinner too. I am going to make butter chicken, my favourite. YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Ok, now it is time for me to make some delectable butter chicken then eat it. So, after  making and eating it, I start tidying the house and putting my tiny, cute siblings to bed before my mum, dad and annoying, naughty little siblings come home from school.


Afternoon time and before bed routine


All my family is now home. I need to go off and help AKriti and Sonakshi with their homework that is going to extremely exhausting. It is finally dinner, something I have been longing for. After dinner, my family and I  watch TV in the living room. I like family tv time because it is as fun as being in candy land. After family TV time, also known as ftt, It’s time for bed. 
GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!! 


Conclusion

Overall my day was pretty good and I enjoyed it. I mean, even though my day was the same as any other week day, it was still fun. BYe and see you next time!!

1 comment:

  1. Your story was interesting. Please make sure your capitals make sense.

    ReplyDelete