Tuesday, April 9, 2019

My Taonga My Treasure









My Taonga My Treasure


My Treasure is a really pretty dress I got on my first birthday from my parents. It is a dark purple colour with gold and silver gems on it.  I got it from roop darshan, which is an Indian traditional clothing shop that sells things like sarees and things you would wear on Diwali. I got it in 2010, on my first birthday. I got it one day before my first birthday when I was little. It has been in my family for about 8 to 10 years.  


It is special to me because it is a great memory from when I was little and it is something I have kept for many years whereas all my other baby clothes are gone.  


I think it’s important to have a taonga of your own or a taonga that your whole family shares because it can tell you about your past, remind you of your past and influence your future maybe.   

7 comments:

  1. Well done Tanisha I like the way you describe your dress next time try not to say for my first birthday too many times from Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Tanisha!! This Toanga looks very special I liked how you said how you got it and where you got it. Next time I think you should not repeat the same thing again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Tanisha! I like the way you discribed the dress that you got it when you were one years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your writing because you have paragraphed a lot and next time you should put in some more adjectives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how you descibed your dress

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have used excellent describing vocabulary

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like how you descibed your dress

    ReplyDelete